This article was originally posted on LinkedIn on December 28, 2016.
What did you achieve in 2016?
This is not a rhetorical question. The answers to this question will provide the information you’ll need to update your personal branding materials.
To help you answer these questions, following are 23 reasons to update your bio in 2017.
- You earned a degree, professional certification or other designation.
- You landed a new position at a different organization or received a promotion at your current company.
- You published a book or articles in professional journals or other publications.
- Your book was nominated for a literary award.
- You started a new business or your current venture grew to new levels.
- You joined a professional association or other business organization.
- You accepted a leadership role at work, at a professional association or in the community.
- You volunteered at a nonprofit, community or civic organization; in your community; at the local library; or at your child’s school.
- You started a new hobby or turned your current hobby into a business.
- You received awards, honors or recognitions for your contributions at work, at your professional association or in your community.
- You produced a movie, podcast or internet TV show.
- You were the special guest on a TV show, radio show or podcast.
- You were selected for a starring role or guest role on a TV show, movie or internet TV show.
- You were the keynote speaker, moderator or panelist at a conference.
- You served as the master of ceremony at a local or national event.
- You organized a conference, retreat or other event that helped people achieve their goals.
- You helped high school students, new entrepreneurs or other professionals attain their goals through mentoring.
- You taught a fitness class at the local park or participated in a fitness challenge.
- You taught a class at a high school, college or university or online.
- You met someone you admired and they gave you a must-share word of wisdom.
- You created a mobile app or invented a product.
- Your creative work was displayed in a museum, gallery or public exhibit.
- You faced your fears and did something you didn’t think you could.
Above are just 23 reasons to update your bio in 2017. If you need help revising or building your bio, purchase How to Write a Powerful Professional Bio or contact Marcie Hill at 877.570.5228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.