I know I said that I would break until August. But I got a message from THE Authentic Woman herself, Ms. Clara Freeman, who said that she would be on break until September.
I thought about my one month break, and then I thought about her extended break. After hating on her for a good 12.5 seconds, I decided to extend my break, too. So, here I am. A bit tardy, but very present.
Although I took a leave from blogging, I didn’t take a break from working. However, I did learn how NOT to work…a little. I had the chance to look through my story drafts and realized that I think a whole lot! Some articles are ready for submission to blogs and magazines, while others need to marinate a while longer.
Check out the laundry list of things that I did on my blogging break, even though I wasn’t supposed to be working hard.
- Worked on my book marketing plan for my new release, 62 Blog Posts to Overcome Blogger’s Block, which is currently available on Kindle.
- Decided to learn more about crowdfunding so I can publish my blogger’s block book. I want to see my book come to life.
- Developed plans to brand and monetize my blogs. My “hobby” is fun, but it’s time to get paid.
- Attended BlogHer 2013. This conference was in Chicago, and I was not going to miss it.
- Started using Instagram for BlogHer. I learned how to use it on the bus while I was on my way to the event. I am convinced that Instagram + Twitter = My Content Creation Fame.
- Committed to volunteering to help students read and write at the local public library once a week when school begins. This was a personal commitment.
- Submitted query letters to my ideal publications. One editor responded.
- Got the idea to hold a writing retreat in 2014 after reading Christine Kane’s Retreat Planning 101. I have to see how much work is involved before I commit to this.
- Decided to get off the bull**** and complete my next Toastmasters designation by the end of the year. I only have four more speeches for Pete’s sake!
As you can see, my blogging break was good for me. I’m back and ready to serve. Also, Tuesday will continue to be my regular blog posting day.
Did you miss me?