*News Production Fellowship *
Democracy Now!, a New York-based independent, non-commercial daily radio/TV/Internet news hour is seeking applicants for three paid internships/fellowships beginning in early 2012 in the concentrations listed below.
1) Video/TV News Production*–must be proficient in video shooting and editing with Final Cut Pro. Duties will include filming speeches, press conferences and protests as well as editing material for the daily broadcast.
2) News Production*–must have excellent research and writing skills. Some prior journalism experience preferred. Duties will include assisting our news team in producing the daily news program, researching stories, pre-interviewing guests, and writing copy.
Both positions require candidates to have:
– A good news sense and follow a variety of news sources on a daily basis (including both commercial and independent news outlets).
– The ability to work well in a team
– A professional demeanor in all situations
The stipend paid will cover a minimum of 20 hours per week for a minimum of six months. Additional hours may be requested depending on the needs of the program.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, LINKS TO WRITING AND/OR VIDEO SAMPLES, and at least three references to fellowship (at) democracynow (dot) org with “FELLOWSHIP” in the subject line. FOR VIDEO SAMPLES PLEASE include URL links to clips that represent the applicant’s shooting and editing ability, with a full list of credits on the submitted pieces. There is no limit of the number of samples submitted.
*Application Deadline:* November 15, 2011