For six weeks, I was in a train-the-trainer training to learn how to teach a new software program for state employees. This is a great opportunity for several reasons:
- By this being a new software program, very few people have ever trained it.
- I’m honing my training, presentation and technology skills. This will be VERY helpful for when I go to schools to teach teachers how to teach blogging to students.
- I’m learning classroom management skills.
- I work with a team of amazing people.
- My supervisor is super cool.
Those are the great things about the position. The one thing I didn’t like is that it’s dipping into my personal time.
- In addition to 8 hours of training per day, we had to bring our lesson home to study. So, I rarely had to time to do anything except sleep.
- I had little me time.
- Everything I couldn’t do during the week, I HAD to do on the weekend, which took time away from stuff I wanted to do. Besides, I was sooooo00 tired after doing this, I didn’t want to do anything except rest.
Here are the lessons and blessings from this experiences.
- I’m doing what I HAVE to do so I can do what I WANT to do.
- I am impacting the lives of employees who have little to no tech skills while boosting my skills and knowledge.
- My confidence is increasing, which will help me in my personal and professional life.
- I have the money to invest in my dreams, save and do other stuff I wasn’t able to do previously.
- Even though my time is not my own, I am slowly incorporating things I enjoy doing – reading, writing, blogging – into my schedule.
- I keep my dreams front and center. I cannot afford not to. I perform at least one task per week that will push me closer to my goals.
- When this gig ends, I will be a better person – personally, professionally, intellectually and emotionally.
- I’m better at multi-tasking and delegating.
- My people skills and patience are improving.
- Everything happens according to God’s timing and nothing happens by accident.
That’s my life right about now. All is good and it’s about to get gooder!